Seven Rules of Skibiking
To help enhance and preserve the long standing reputation that skibikes have as part of the skiing community, you are encouraged to honour the following guidelines to maintain the goodwill and healthy relationships we have with our fellow skiers.
- You must remain in control at all times and proceed in such a manner that you can stop or avoid other skiers or objects.
- While skiing downhill or overtaking other skiers, you must take care to avoid the skiers below and beside you.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above. Are you snowboarders listening!
- When entering a trail or starting downhill, look uphill and yield to skiers coming towards you.
- You must use proper restraining straps on your foot skis.
- Always wear a helmet, especially in the trees.
- Important: It is the duty of every skier and skibiker to shower every snowboarder they find sitting on the snow in the middle of the ski run on their favorite line with the largest rooster tail possible!...uh, just kidding.